1. Adelphi whisky is bottled direct from a single cask. These casks have been selected from the top 10% of casks filled by the single malt distillery.
2. The whisky is at cask strength meaning it is stronger than proprietary brands (usually bottled at 40%). Adelphi malts start at around 50% by volume.
3. The whisky is NOT chill filtered as we feel that this would spoil the unique taste of a single cask bottling. This does mean that when water is added, it will go slightly cloudy.
4. The whisky is NOT coloured in any way as the natural colour gives a better idea of what type of cask it has been in and caramel would affect the taste of the whisky.
5. No dilution has taken place until the customer adds water which then releases the flavour. We recommend up to three to one (water/whisky) but individual palates should be respected.
6. Single cask bottlings are very rare - ranging from 200-600 bottles from each cask. The taste cannot be repeated once a cask is finished.